It’s 7pm and it’s dark! I am amazed at how quickly the autumn nights are drawing in and how rapidly the temperature is dropping.
I am a big fan of the seasons, love the change and get excited just as much as red wine, heartwarming stews, scarves, knee high boots as I do summer rosé and cocktails, sun hats, bikinis and sun dresses…
I am also a big fan of small random acts of kindness. Which I was reminded of today … because I was the un-expecting recipient of one today.
So along with various other small habits I have during the day, I am going to add a new one – one small act of kindness a day, every day. Imagine if everyone did that. Imagine the world if every one person did one small act to put a smile on one other person’s face a day… Imagine if kids were taught that at school … Imagine.
I googled a few ideas… there are loads out there and they don’t have to cost anything or too much either.
- Leave change in the vending machine
- Leave a note on the bathroom mirror saying ‘you look amazing / hot / gorgeous.. today!’
- Smile at everyone you see
- Send flowers … for no real reason
- Write a note of thanks or encouragement to someone who inspires you …
- Pay for the coffee or drink for the person behind you in the queue
- Send a funny postcard in the post to make someone laugh who needs it
- Offer to babysit for a friend / relation who needs a day or night off
- Make cakes and take them round to all your neighbours
- Volunteer at your local charity and give your time for free..
And I am sure I will get more creative and think of more as the days go on..
When I googled, I found that there is a whole movement and groups of people called ‘RAKtivists’…
I am going to become one. Just like my friend today, her ‘RAKtiveness’ made my day.